COVID -19 UPDATE
Greetings from the Bahama House!
We wanted to reach out to all our Bahama House Friends and Fans during this time of uncertainty. All of us at Bahama House want you to know that the health and well-being of all our guests and employees is one of our highest priorities. While we continue to welcome guests to Bahama House and Daytona Beach, we are making changes to help us navigate this dynamic situation.
First and foremost, we want you to stay healthy, whether you’re at home or traveling. The World Health Organization ( WHO ) recommends practicing good hygiene to protect yourself against infection — by washing your hands frequently with soap or alcohol-based sanitizer, maintaining distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing, and avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
We are actively monitoring updates from the (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Florida and County of Volusia and will continue to respond based on the best advice of governments, public health authorities and medical professionals. Daytona Beach is OPEN! Groups of six or more are prohibited, and social distancing of 10 feet or more is required.
We take great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene at Bahama House. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations. Currently Breakfast is still limited as is the seating to ensure distance. Happy Hour has been adjusted temporarily, and includes Beer, Wine and Soda only. We ask that you take your drinks to your room.
- Staff in open areas are wearing required face coverings, and staff at the front desk are behind a plastic divider.
- We ask that all guests wear face coverings when in any common areas.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout the property.
- We are continually deep cleaning all guest rooms and public areas in addition to our regular housekeeping services.
We are adjusting our booking policies to allow for maximum flexibility to help you make the right decisions regarding your travel plans. We remain committed to offering you flexible Direct Booking options to give you extra peace of mind.
Please check our Facebook page often for updates on Bahama House and Daytona Beach. Like our page and invite friends to like our page! We look forward to seeing you at the beach real soon!